MOA Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOA Entertainment

This is a YouTube company dedicated to K-HIPHOP/R&B collaborations. Everything here is for entertainment purposes only.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 25 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:11 pm
Latest topics
» [CLOSED] Lion Heart - Girls' Generation
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 10:26 am by maeryun

» [CLOSED] You Think - Girls' Generation
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:53 am by SerenityMochi

» [CLOSED] Catch Me If You Can - Girls' Generation
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 11:06 pm by Taehyun

» Hi SeoHae/Lynn is here!!
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 8:36 pm by SeoHae

» Hai! I'm Mimi ! *^*
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 pm by kpoplittlegurl

» Hello I'm Mae Ryun!
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:31 pm by maeryun

» [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 9:29 pm by seunhyun

» Hi, there!
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 7:31 am by Susy

» [LIVE] BASICS 101: VOCAL AND MUSIC EDITING LESSONS
[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:13 pm by Taehyun

[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taehyun
Constellations
Constellations
Taehyun

[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Empty
PostSubject: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Thank you for dropping by my headquarters!!!! I really appreciate it.

I shall give my fair warning before I say anything. 
I'm brutally honest, The lowest I've given in a review is 2/10. Criticism is a part of being an Artist. Take it with pride, and Learn from it. Don't get beaten down by it, use it to your advantage. 
I have requirements if you want to be criticized. It's not too much so don't worry. 

Requirements: 
- Must be loud enough to hear
- Can be in any language 
- Please specify whom I will criticize (for collabs)
- Allowed Links are from BOX, or SOUNDCLOUD. Videos are accepted. Links that can only be downloaded is prohibited.

Format: 

Quote :

Name: 
Song Title: 
Artist: 
Link/Clip of Original Song:

Rating of yourself: 

Good Points, Bad Points: (List them down) 
Link/Clip of the cover: 

Last edited by Taehyun on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soar
Angels
Angels
Soar

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 11:17 pm

Is it alright if it's posted on box?

9Muses - Hurt Locker [Short Cover]
> app.box.com/s/qdxvsa30hsd4qdxmoldvwxr8gx5lnlfx
Back to top Go down
seunhyun
Vega
Vega
seunhyun

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 11:20 pm

c:
There's the acapella in the description if you want a closer hearing(?) xD <3
(i could post the link so ^ :c)
Back to top Go down
Taehyun
Constellations
Constellations
Taehyun

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 11:48 pm

Soar wrote:

Of course! As long as its either a video or mp3 its accepted
seunhyun wrote:
c:

You can post the Acapella too if you'd like!
Back to top Go down
seunhyun
Vega
Vega
seunhyun

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Taehyun wrote:
seunhyun wrote:
c:

You can post the Acapella too if you'd like!
Oh! i had a typo there sorry! i meant that i couldn't post any link so i had to only put the video :c
Back to top Go down
ttclock
Aviors
Aviors
ttclock

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 6:59 pm

soundcloud.com/ng-h-nh/duet-with-daze-got7-just-right and here's the lyrics distribution ;; docs.google.com/document/d/1yB6eIinwy4yhQjYiQS3v5tWIfbyK1q7cjv3Pr7YNR2A/edit#heading=h.tfm0q4wz2ix9
Back to top Go down
SerenityMochi
Aviors
Aviors
SerenityMochi

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:11 am

Back to top Go down
Taehyun
Constellations
Constellations
Taehyun

PostSubject: Soar - Hurt Locker    [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Soar wrote:

Song Title: Hurt Locker
Group/Singer: 9MUSES
Language: Korean

Notes:

Good Points & Bad points and what to improve: 

- There are some parts where you got off tune, but got back up, which is a good point and a bad point at the same time. 
- You have your own style, and that’s great but you need to make that style your own, make it stand out. Right now it sounds simple and plain. 
- There are a couple of breathing techniques that I admire on this track but not all of them was used wisely. 
- Youre tone wavered at parts ’Waere Gumanhae…’ onwards. I think its because you didn’t use Falsetto ( which is good cause Falsetto is bad.) but you didnt use the head voice and proceeded to the chest voice making the voice sound a little harsh to the ears. There are times where you have to soften your voices at a point of descent. 
After the second half of it, I noticed that you had the same style as the original singer for that part and to me it sounded like you were forcing it out. A thing about singing is, the more you sound like you’re not having difficulty singing is great technique, if you can sound effortlessly in a song then its good. 
- At the ‘Dashin ….Ma~~’, you sustained the note and had a little vibrato but to other parts of the song you didnt use vibrato nor did you sustained some notes. 
- The Chorus was, I think a little bit difficult for you cause you sounded like you were forcing it out, but as I said before you can use the head voice OR soften your instrument to make it sound clearer. Lifting the Soft palette can help that. You also got off pitch and tune at some ending notes and you struggled again, to use vibrato and to sustain the note. 
- the last part where you kind of placed two voices on top of one another, it made a very shrill sound and was not pleasing to the ears because of the voluming but if you could have used an open throat it wouldve sound full and warm. 

Tips: 
Learn how to use the ‘360 breathing /180 breathing technique’, Sing with an open throat, and practice to sustain notes. Find your vibrato and style it the way you want it or use your own naturally. 

Rating: 6/10
Back to top Go down
Taehyun
Constellations
Constellations
Taehyun

PostSubject: Seunhyun - Me Gustas Tu   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 9:59 pm

seunhyun wrote:
c:

Song Title: Me Gustas Tu 
Group/Singer: GFRIEND

Notes:

- Editing wise: No Panned Vocals making it sound messy and shrill. Instrumental is not in line with the volume of the vocals. 
- Notes are not sustained. 
- High notes sound forced and shrill. 
- Proper technique is not used, Voice comes from throat not from the stomach, making the voice not have that full rich sound. Low notes sounds airy and gets off tune at the second half of the note. 
- Styles change and vary from whoever sings the part. Own vocal style does not shine through the song due to it changing. Chorus vocals have different timbre’s from the verse vocals. Impersonates the original singer, which is a no no. 
- Recording vocals doesnt need to be too loud, A hand span must be measured from the microphone from the mouth. Due to the mouth being too close to the mic (i may be mistaken), the vocals reach past their limit and the sound waves of some high notes sound ‘noisy’ or ‘distorted’.
- Since there are no panning of vocals, Harmonies sound distorted as well, making it sound like the vocals are passing through a ‘tube’ instead of a tape. 
- ‘Gobaekhalkeyo’ part goes off tune due to the power that you have placed on the note. The note is forced when it should not be. Sometimes going softer, is better. 
- Screaming nor Yelling the notes will not make your voice sound better. Singing effortlessly is the goal. To have proper technique, can help your vocal chords not strain. Your vocals strained many times in the song, please refrain from forcing the note out, it may permanently damage your vocals. 
- ‘Eonjekkajina..’ is a very long note and would have been better if you would have sustained that note until it went higher, it wouldve showed beautiful technique. Lacking of vibrato makes the note sound harsh to the ears. 

Tips: 
Remember that you don’t have to always reach the high notes, making various changes to a song shows Musicianship and makes you a better Artist. Making the listener hear your beautiful technique is better than hearing forced vocals. 
Also keep in mind that most of your listeners listen through their headphones, mixing vocals must be very careful, take note to limit your vocals to a certain decibels so they dont sound distorted or noisy. 

Back to top Go down
Taehyun
Constellations
Constellations
Taehyun

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Sel - Lion Heart
Song Title: Lion Heart
Group/Singer: Girls’ Generation
Notes:

- Some notes are off tune, and disconnected. 
- Own style is shown through ‘Taeyeon’s part, but not used for the rest of the song. 
- Notes are disconnected, meaning they are not sung continuously making it sound disconnected. 
- Vibrato is not used. 
- You get off timing sometimes but it maybe because of a mixing error. 
- Head voice is better to use than Falsetto. the ‘Ohh’ part sounded airy. Using an open throat, or channeling the vocals through head voice can make that sound stronger. 
- The song has long verses and lines that needs to be practiced with a couple of vocal techniques. Knowing when to breathe helps. Same goes for the Chorus. Controlling how you breathe, from the diaphragm helps you manage how you sustain notes. 
- Your chorus uses a lot of falsetto.
- You get off tune at the ‘Oh Oh Oh’ parts, and off pitch in some other areas, but then can be fixed through more practice. 

Tips:  
Learn how to connect notes together, by doing so your technique would help your vocals chords not sustain and your range to become wider. 

Rating: 5/10
Back to top Go down
Soar
Angels
Angels
Soar

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Thank you for the review. I will definitely work on what you have adviced -- especially the open throat part because I find it very hard to hit high notes when I sing and it sounds forced af. I have a question, though: What's the '360 breathing /180 breathing technique'? I tried to search for it online but I couldn't find any information about it.
Back to top Go down
Taehyun
Constellations
Constellations
Taehyun

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Soar wrote:
Thank you for the review. I will definitely work on what you have adviced -- especially the open throat part because I find it very hard to hit high notes when I sing and it sounds forced af. I have a question, though: What's the '360 breathing /180 breathing technique'? I tried to search for it online but I couldn't find any information about it.
It's hard to explain but I'll try to find the video where I learned it.
Back to top Go down
seunhyun
Vega
Vega
seunhyun

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Taehyun wrote:
seunhyun wrote:
c:

Song Title: Me Gustas Tu 
[url=#89579870] Group[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Arrow-10x10[/url]Singer: GFRIEND

Notes:

- Editing wise: No Panned Vocals making it sound messy and shrill. Instrumental is not in line with the volume of the vocals. 
- Notes are not sustained. 
- High notes sound forced and shrill. 
- Proper technique is not used, Voice comes from throat not from the stomach, making the voice not have that full rich sound. Low notes sounds airy and gets off tune at the second half of the note. 
- Styles change and vary from whoever sings the part. Own vocal style does not shine through the song due to it changing. Chorus vocals have different timbre’s from the verse vocals. Impersonates the original singer, which is a no no. 
- Recording vocals doesnt need to be too loud, A hand span must be measured from the microphone from the mouth. Due to the mouth being too close to the mic (i may be mistaken), the vocals reach past their limit and the sound waves of some high notes sound ‘noisy’ or ‘distorted’.
- Since there are no panning of vocals, Harmonies sound distorted as well, making it sound like the vocals are[url=#46840689] passing[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Arrow-10x10[/url] through a ‘tube’ instead of a tape. 
- ‘Gobaekhalkeyo’ part goes off tune due to the power that you have placed on the note. The note is forced when it should not be. Sometimes going softer, is better. 
- Screaming nor Yelling the notes will not make your voice sound better. Singing effortlessly is the goal. To have proper technique, can help your vocal chords not strain. Your vocals strained many times in the song, please refrain from forcing the note out, it may permanently damage your vocals. 
- ‘Eonjekkajina..’ is a very long note and would have been better if you would have sustained that note until it went higher, it wouldve showed beautiful technique. Lacking of vibrato makes the note sound harsh to the ears. 
Tips: 
Remember that you don’t have to always reach the high notes, making various changes to a song shows Musicianship and makes you a better Artist. Making the listener hear your beautiful technique is better than hearing forced vocals. 
Also keep in mind that most of your listeners listen through their headphones, mixing vocals must be very careful, take note to limit your vocals to a certain decibels so they dont sound distorted or noisy. 
Thankyouuuuu <3 I'll try my best to improve from all these problems OTL <3 c: (btw this's the best and most described critique(?) i have and i really needed that c: thankyou so much ^^)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters   [OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Ms. Hwang's Critique Head Quarters
Page 1 of 1